Bosch SCMS problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I bought the SCMS on the Ax deal a few weeks back and I'm delighted with it. However, today I needed to set it at an angle and was surprised to find that the big red lever didn't seem to do anything. I could set it with the big knob on the front, but what is the lever for? So:
1 Call to Ax, very helpful bloke gave me Bosch tech phone no.
2 Call to Bosch, very helpful bloke, said Yes it should lock it, gave me number of local Bosch repairer. Turns out they only repair lawnmowers though :cry:
3 Call back to Bosch. OK, wrap it up in bubble or a big box and we'll collect. This was 4.59, mind, so everyone else had gone home, but if I ring first thing tomorrow they will pick up tomorrow pm and fix it whilst I'm away on holiday.

No questions asked, no ums and ahs and if and buts. Not bad really, assuming, of course it actually gets fixed.

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve

I got the same SCMS from AX and my red lever works ok but great to hear the good response from Bosch. You will need a HUGE box tho' :lol: :lol:

This is very embarrassing. I was lying in bed this morniong at 4am contemplating the world and, amongst other things, my saw. I was trying to work out why I need a lever on the left, a knob on the right, another on the front and a trigger underneath just to change the mitre angle. So, when all else fails I read the manual. The big red lever locks the BEVEL not the mitre angle, so I've no need to touch it to swing the blade.

D'oh!

Mind you, no-one from Ax or Bosch picked up on that either, and my description was accurate. So this morning I've ripped off all the bubble wrap I put on last night. Glad I didn't actually get as far as posting it, and even more glad I wasn't rude to anyone about it along the way. What kind of sauce goes with Humble Pie?

I think I get the Dumbo of the Day award.

Cheers
Steve, who may well delete this post to save his blushes.

There are a lot of knobs and levers to remember on that saw, to be fair. Not entirely surprised that neither Axminster or Bosch themselves remembered what does what - I keep the manual perpetually to hand in the w'shop! :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Steve
If we never got it wrong, we would not be human :)
Ps My hat off to you for telling the truth blushes or not :wink:

Steve Maskery":bfahsysj said:
This is very embarrassing. I was lying in bed this morniong at 4am cntemplating the world and, amongst other things, my saw. I was trying to work out why I need a lever on the left, a knob on the right, another on the front and a trigger underneath just to change the mitre angle. So, when all else fails I read the manual. The big red lever locks the BEVEL not the mitre angle, so I've no need to touch it to swing the blade.

D'oh!

Mind you, no-one from Ax or Bosch picked up on that either, and my description was accurate. So this morning I've ripped off all the bubble wrap I put on last night. Glad I didn't actually get as far as posting it, and even more glad I wasn't rude to anyone about it along the way. What kind of sauce goes with Humble Pie?

I think I get the Dumbo of the Day award.

Cheers
Steve,

I'm sure we've all done something similar - I have.

who may well delete this post to save his blushes.

Not so fast! If you do decide to try, a reasonable bribe will be accepted to amend this post, though!

Back