Bosch GTS10 Professional Mitre Guage and dado cutter.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertArcher

Reaction score
Hello,
I've just bought one of these (it's the old model).

1. Does anyone have a mitre gauge that will work with it that I can buy? Mine didn't come with one.
2. Does anyone know if I can fit a dado stacked cutter to this machine - is the arbor long enough? I know that the USA equivalent Bosch 4000 series) does facilitate this with a specific insert plate with wide enough gap to cope with the with the wider saw assembly. I think the UK model with this doesn't meet UK safety regs so therefore BOsch can't sell the kit?

THanks

I think you have answered your own question. Most, if not all UK spec'd machines will not accommodate a stacked dado head.

I some years ago modified a Jet cabinet saw to take a 5/8" arbor which I bought in the US and had shipped over. The machine was actually designed to take the dado compliant arbor but a retrospective arbor had been fitted for the Euro market. It was just a case of stripping it down and replacing the existing arbor. You will need a set of gear pullers to remove bearings bit otherwise fairly straight forward.

It may be worth looking at a diagram of a US spec saw to see if the set up is much like yours.

If you are not competent at such work I would not consider attempting to modify your saw.

Good luck

David

Back