Bosch GTS 10 xc table saw - help with riving knife

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_5

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've seen a few threads on this issue dated back over some years. My problem is the riving knife no longer drops before the blade height so I cannot cut grooves.

I have given the inside of the table saw a good dust and vac, but I think some dust has cemented around the stop bolt in the riving knife, blocking it from going down these extra few mms. I have read the manual, and there is no mention how to take off the riving knife.

My thoughts are to take it out so I can clean the stop bolt. I don't have an air compressor to give the inside a good blast.

Any thoughts, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

im pretty sure if you just completely undo the 2 hex bolts at the top (the ones you use to align & adjust the <> position of the the RK in relation to the blade) you lift the whole knife & holder out. you can dismantle it & clean it from there.

i have the saw, but i wont be home until 11 tonight & am up at 6, i can check again tomorrow night but im sure its just 2 bolts that adjust ther knifes position on the saw casing

Thanks, I did see those which made the most sense as I couldn't see any other way in from the top or bottom access. The only other bolt I saw is the stop bolt, but that is more difficult to get to.

I'll give that a go when I get home, it has put a stop in my project so want to get it fixed soon.

Thanks

just had a quick look at the tech drawings, it is just those 2 screws, then it lifts out of top

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 10.32.28.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 10.32.28.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 197
That is brilliant! Trying to find that info never crossed my mind! Learn something new every day!

Thanks a lot giantbeat, much appreciated.

Back