Bosch GST 135 BCE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it's about time i binned my cheap wikes jigsaw and bought something with a slight better build quality.

I have been looking at the bosch, axminster has this at £132 at the moment so it's getting tempting.

How do users of this jigsaw rate the machine?

edit :: i notice B&Q have 20% off all power tools at the moment. Without sounding too lazy, does anyone know if these are sold by B&Q?

I'm still using a very serviceable Makita mains jigsaw at the mo... waiting for them to bring out the new model in Li-Ion 18v before replacing it. There will be a good second hand machine for sale when they do, if you are still looking...

Thanks for the offer.

I need this jigsaw pretty quick so i just ordered it from axminster.

I bought one from Axminster a couple of months ago and can`t fault it ,best jigsaw i have ever owned.B&q don`t stock this model only the GST80.

I'm very tempted myself, especially after seeing the Bosch web site video (follow the link). Looks much more affordable than the Festool I lust after....

Scrit

I have one, no complaints, solid machine.

Still lusting for a ...

Jake":2oe5uvv2 said:
I have one, no complaints, solid machine.

Still lusting for a ...
Scrit shouldn't have put that link to the video, I want one now :cry:

Jake does it do a curved 90deg cut as well as they show in that video?

A long time ago I had a blue Bosch jigger and it was unbustable (as have been many of my blue Bosches). The only reason it was replaced by a Metabo was because some light fingered swine nicked it! The Metabo was secondhand, almost unused (back then) and at the right price. It is now getting a bit long in the tooth and has started showing signs of demise or expensive repair ...... after 12 years of use. The Bosch looks to be a very affordable alternative to a F******tool

Scrit

I reckon, Roger. Never noticed any deviation from a straight cut, so provided you turn pendulum off and control its direction well enough... It's one of those tools which is good enough to stop me thinking it worth upgrading from at all for as long as it lasts.

Which is irritating, because the black and green lust runs strong in me.

It has a cutting capacity of 135mm in wood . . . Blimey! thats almost as much as my bandsaw! :oops:

I haven't tried that - softwood only, I'd guess, and accuracy would have to suffer

the jigsaw turned up today and it does look a nice, very well built piece of kit. Have a nice lot of cutting to do over xmas. Looks like the wickes cheapy has a new home - in the skip

Did you remember to order the guide fence /circle attachment for it,about six or seven quid .Quite handy.

Back