Quantcast

Bosch GMF-1600 Router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

diyfiesta

Reaction score
Any comments on the router? I'm after something with a fixed (for table mounting) and plunge base, and it keeps coming up.

It's around £400 on Axminster but I've seen German retailer SVH24.de sell what seems to be the same thing (I want the full kit - and the German one even comes with a L-BOXX case!) in EURs... is that a bargin or am I going to have problems in the UK?!

svh24.de/bosch-multifunktionsfraese-gmf-1600-ce-mit-l-boxx-4650

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

marcros

(Trevanion)+1
Reaction score
Probably not of the same quality but I am sure that draper also did a model with a fixed and plunge base at least up to a couple of years ago.

MikeK

Established Member
Reaction score
I had the GOF 1600 CE plunge router in the L-Boxx, and bought the GKF 1600 fixed base separately. Everything fit in the same L-Boxx, as the insert had a space for the fixed base when the motor was installed on the plunge base. My original intent was to permanently mount the fixed base in a router table and be able to remove the motor when I wanted to use the router in the plunge base.

I eventually sold the Bosch kit when I bought a Triton TRA-001 router for the table and Festool routers for other jobs. The GOF 1600 CE is a good router and I'm sure I would have been happy with it.

Sideways

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a lot of money to hang upside down. How about an Elektra Beckum or Charwood small spindle moulder with a collet to take router cutters ?
It won't spin so fast or I guess be as clean with small bits, but it will be a lot quieter and easier to adjust.

Bodgers

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Triton for the router table. Quality is great, low noise,.and has a built in lift of sorts. Nothing to hate, a lot to love.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk