Bosch gks 190 baseplate change

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightning bolt

Stopped, splayed & wedged scarf joint
Reaction score
I just dragged my bosch gks 190 circular saw off my 6'mobile scaffolding tower by catching the lead with my foot, doh! Luckily ish...it landed on the corner of the base plate & bent that all out of shape. I've purchased a new base plate but there's a strange hollow pin holding it in place @ the front...does anyone know how to remove one of these?

I don't know that particular tool, but "strange hollow pin" sounds like a roll pin. These are a bit of springy steel, rolled up into a cylinder, so that they make a tight fit into a suitable hole. There is normally a gap between the ends to give a bit of leeway.

See Spring pin - Wikipedia

So it's designed to be easily knocked in or driven out with a flat ended punch of matching diameter. Probably worth using a new one to refit but can be reused. Easily available in small batches on eBay etc.

Sorry only just noticed your reply. Am new to web forums...anyway that's great, everyday's a school day! Have just learned about split pins.

Back