bosch GCM 12SD or makita ls1214 mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feders

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am really torn between these two :? , I am am a real fan of makita stuff but the bosch looks really good too. Has anyone had any experience with these machines. Any advise welcome.

Hi Feders,

I, like you, am a big Makita fan. The vast majority of my powertools are Makita. And I also purchased the LS1214 fairly recently off the 'Bay for £370. After cleaning the tables quickly and greasing up the rails it runs like a dream. I never really considered any other saws as I had used said model before. But one thing I have to say is that it is pretty bl**dy noisy. If this isn't an issue then I'd say the Makita is a fairly safe bet, I use mine for making furniture if that has any bearing on your decision?

Hope that's of some help.

Cheers _Dan.

Hi goldeneyedmonkey,

Similarly to you I will be using the saaw for funiture making so i am glad to hear that it is accurate for you. I visited axminster on Saturday and had a chance to look at both machines. The makita looks slightly smaller in size but the movement was very smooth and stable.

Thanks for your input, goleneyedmonkey

Back