Boot fair booty

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve1066

Established Member
Reaction score
Good day at the boot fair this evening 16 pound for this little lot
A Sheffield made Bailey no4 in full working order only £6, I felt a bit guilty, so had the other bit off him as well.

MrTeroo":3ec98d50 said:
I'm impressed and envious that you found a car boot sale in December!!!
It's an oddball one, doesn't start till 4pm. Tesco car park only do it 4 times a year.

I have the same plane, wooden marking gauge and wooden rule, all of which came in a Stanley tool set i bought when i was 17.

It all very nice the guy selling was just glad that it was going to be used.
He had some other nice bits marple chisel, a box full of dividers all shapes and sizes some nice looking hammer, record plough plane.
I could of had the lot, but would de doubling up if not tripping up on some of the stuff, so I thought I would leave it for someone else.

The old boxwood handle was split and had a hole drilled though it so I made a pfeil style one to match my other chisels.

I hate it when an old handle can't be saved but that's a loverly looking replacement you made there.

Excellent haul. I've been meaning to post the bits and bobs I picked up at the last sales of the season a few weeks ago, nothing this tasty but a few decent buys.

ED65":10amo011 said:
I hate it when an old handle can't be saved but that's a loverly looking replacement you made there.

Excellent haul. I've been meaning to post the bits and bobs I picked up at the last sales of the season a few weeks ago, nothing this tasty but a few decent buys.
I know what you mean.
You should post them it's all ways nice to see what people rescue form the scrap heap.

Back