Boeing T9

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithie

Established Member
Reaction score
So now I have all the machines I wanted, I nedd to look after them. There's a lot of shiny metal :

Lathe : cast iron bed
Bandsaw : cast aluminium table
P/T : steel table

I've been happily using wd40 to clean andm/c wax to protrect the lathe bed pretty much every otherday.
More metal to protect means more work though.

I've found Boeing T9 :

http://boeshield.com

and wondered if its any good for table/bed protection / lubrication or what other folk do ?

(I've got ptfe and silicone spray and I guess the old blacksmith method of 'magnetiting' isnt too sppropriate for these machines! https://www.reddit.com/r/Blacksmith/com ... m_rusting/)

cheers
Keith

I use Boeshield quite a bit - it was much cheaper back in Canada, but it does last. I bought a couple of cans a few years ago, and I've probably used about half of the first one.

I've an unheated workshop and all of my machines have big cast iron parts and I don't have any trouble with rust. I probably reapply it every 3-4 months or so?

It's not really a lubricant, though I rarely find that I need to apply anything on top of it. When I do I'll just use paste wax.

Thanks ..it's not outrageously expensive so I reckon I'll get a can and give it a go!

cheers
Keith

I threw £600 at boarding and insulating my workshop and coming toward the end of my first winter with it done, i have not had the problems i used to get. Stuff used to rust up and condensate but not any more.

I used to use Boeshield before I insulated my workshop and found it worked really well, better than wax for me anyway. Best keep the can somewhere warm though as I find it just wont spray if it's cold, which has been the case for all the cans I had.

Simon

Just started using it for my tools this Winter, so far so good. It sprays on as a fine liquid and even a small can goes a long way. Before this I was using some stuff from Workshop Heaven. Did the job but was a pain to apply, bit like hard paste wax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought some about 3yrs ago from Rutland on BOGOF. Still going strong - a little goes a long way! Works really well and easy to apply.

Rod

cool..consistently good comments. great news.

Well, I've got everything I need in terms of machines & tools ...guess I need to stop spending and start making!

Probably will be back from time to time when I get stuck with stuff (or need a heavier duty lathe!)

thanks again all!

Quite right about keeping the T9 aerosol warm!

Left in garage overnight...wouldnt work the next morning... whole delivery mechanism, not just tye top, clagged. very sad.

Left overnight in warm house next to aga. Next morning all working again. Probably wont need to use again for a few months.

Goes on nicely and lathe bed much smoother than with renwax.

Back