Bobbin/Oscillating Sander Advice.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shedhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of getting a Bobbin Sander. I have been looking at two machines.
Charnwood CHW420 370W & Record Power Bbs100 1/2 hp.
Has anyone got any info on these machines, or is there a better make for the same money, around £250.

Thanks Mike i have been looking at that one you mentioned. Most of my machines/tools are Jet, i do think they are good quality products, and after sales is second to none.
I bought an Axminster AMT Multi-tool, the locking button to change the collets would not hold. It was hard to change bits. I had the tool 9 months when i phoned them to ask about what to do. I was sent a new Multi-tool within 3 days. Thats what i call customer friendly. :)

I might just turn to Jet once again, only slight draw back is that it does not come with a stand.

Lack of a stand provides the opportunity to knock up a rather more useful one that incorporates a bit of storage - a simple MDF box (aka cupboard) on castors for instance.

waterhead37":h351igkt said:
Lack of a stand provides the opportunity to knock up a rather more useful one that incorporates a bit of storage - a simple MDF box (aka cupboard) on castors for instance.

There you go Dermot, what an excellent idea. You could make it to hold the spare parts from the sander and maybe your other machines. It really is worth spending that bit extra, because although there are a number of clones that look the same as the Jet, from what I have seen the motors on at least some of them are different and not in the same league.

Cheers

Mike

I realise that it isn't in quite the same league, but how does the Woodstar offering compare. I face the prospect of a lot of contour sanding (started building the jigs/templates for a Hal Taylor rocking chair yesterday) and the axminster drum sanders for drills are a wee bit trickier to get a non-lumpy edge with :)

Cheers,
Adam

I think that the Woodstar sander is only 370w which is okay, but i am not to sure about the make. I have not worked with Woodstar before, i tend to stick to the popular makes. Maybe this is my loss, not risking a lesser known make. It is half the price of the Jet which i think i am swining round to. :)

Latest posts

Back