blum help please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Every time I look at the blum catalogue, I seem to get more confused, so could someone who knows what they're doing help me please.
I'm planning on a row of 24mm thick rail & stile wardrobe doors which need to open to around 180 degrees. As such, they'll need to come out by at least 24mm to clear the door next to them as they hinge open past 90 degrees. From my reading, I think the blum 71T6650 should work for me as long as I get the reveal right, am I right in this or am I wildly wrong and if so could someone point me in the direction of a hinge that will work for me please.

Thanks,

Pat.

Are they layon or inset?

Assuming LAYON you could be tight, The pic below was taken for something else but if you assume the board with 16mm writen on it is the carcase and the one on the left would be the adjacent door layed onto the carcase then there is not much room with 19mm boards, with 24mm board you will need to find an extra 12mm (TWICE 6MM THICKER)

IMAG0055.jpg

J

Just looked and a 155deg hinge can be used for upto 24mm doors, the 170deg suggests 21mm and you won't get a blum that goes to 180deg

J

ok, thanks for that, yes, layon was the plan, I was a bit worried about it, now I know. Well 155 is fine, but I'm now wondering whether I ought to just go for face frame to simplify the hinge problem (even if it does make the door fitting a bit more troublesome).

Thanks,

Pat.

Well, it doesn't need to be strictly 180 degrees, but they're going to have full length mirrors on the inside of them so the mirror needs to be able to be visible without standing between the doors. I think I may have found the answer though, it looks like grass do 170 opening hinges that can handle up to 26mm thick doors. Wish me luck.

Back