Blue Spruce Toolworks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeW

Established Member
Reaction score
It's been a few weeks since I received the 1/4" chisel from Blue Spruce Toolworks.

I bought this to make squaring the mortises for the saw bolts easier due to the shape of the chisel. We have been using the heck out of the thing since then. It has held a wonderful edge, doesn't bind--the main reason for its purchase--and feels great in the hand.

bspruce_0002.jpg

bspruce_0003.jpg

Take care, Mike

Coo, you can't complain about the fineness of those bevels, can you? I must admit to having reservations about their looks - well really the neck and ferrule. Evidentally the answer is to photograph them from that angle and concentrate on the important end. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Waka--didn't really mean it as a gloat but more as another source for decent chisels. They are priced in the same arena as other good chisels.

Hi Alf, the ferrules are machined from solid brass--quite stout.

Take care, Mike

They look real good, Mike!
I bought one of Dave's marking knives the other weekend-a real classy little tool.
Cheers
Philly :D

look mike i know that there is some unemployment in the north west
of the usa, but really you guys are making too many nice tools,
just don't let the accountants get there. :twisted:

so do i have to fight off the pizza eating bears, or the beer drinking
ones to get hold of these lovely pieces.?? :? :twisted:

just wheni think it is safe to look in the wallet, you do this again.
naughty, naughty man. :lol: :roll:

paul :wink:

MikeW":2211gyo8 said:
Stoutness wasn't bothering me - I'm just not used to closed ends to ferrules and it looks wrong to me. I know, fussy, fussy. :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":17te75rl said:
MikeW":17te75rl said:
Stoutness wasn't bothering me - I'm just not used to closed ends to ferrules and it looks wrong to me. I know, fussy, fussy. :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf
I suspect he would make an open-ended ferrule :lol:

But then, that's why we got all sorts of chisels to choose from. Ain't it grand!

Hey Phil, yes, Dave's marking knives are great. So's the one a certain gentleman from down under recently made for me...fine blade. Perfect for marking narrow joints.

Take care, Mike

PS--sorry Paul <g>...

Hi Mike,

I'm just waiting for mine to arrive, Dave e-mailed me they were on the way. Getting anxious to try them out.

Back