Bloody Parcelfarce strikes again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly off topic, but I’m going to stop using Hermes to deliver parcels. It’s costing too much! Every time I send something & they lose it I get refunded the purchase & postage costs. By the time I refund the buyer then I’m still down as I have no money in my pocket & no item to sell.
The only solution is to use another courier (maybe not Parcelforce) & double up on the cover so that I don’t lose out when the inevitable happens.

Had a parcel from Amazon yesterday.
Tracking says "handed to resident".
No you didn't you lying sod, you left it on the doorstep in the rain for all passers by to see.
Even though there were two people in the house :x

Q. When does 24 hours not equal 24 hours ?

A. When it's a Parcelfarce 24 hr next day delivery

parcelfarce.png

I know now why ParcelFarce can be so bad. Unlike Royal Mail who have a small pool of relief postmen who are familiar with rural delivery routes, ParcelFarce use agency drivers. So no continuity. No 'knowledge' base built up. The result ? My local ParcelFarce driver who is excellent takes a couple of days off. The agency driver doesn't know the area, the route, the addresses and/or can't be bothered and so at the end oft the day there is a backlog of parcels. Repeat the next day...probably using a different agency driver because the first agency driver got so hacked off with the route, then that pile to parcels returned to the depot gets bigger.

Then my guy comes back off leave to find a mountain and if you're at the end of the route for the day then you're stuffed yet again.

Attachments

• parcelfarce.png
    parcelfarce.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 476
tell the seller that the service from Parcelfarce that they are paying for is not what is being provided

The United States Postal Service delivers Amazon (and other) parcels on Sundays. Let that sink in. And this is in addition to Amazon [Prime] running their own delivery vans seven days a week. During the run up to Christmas, we had a USPS and an Amazon van in the driveway on a Sunday at the same time.

The Post Office trialled deliveries on a Sunday and a spokesperson said"if the trial is successful we shall consider other days as well"

Mark A":hjg276t1 said:
Our local postman comes in to the house and places parcels on a table in the living room... we didn't tell him to do it, it's just something he started to do recently.

:shock: What, even if you're sitting there in your pyjamas?! :shock:

Rockford

Rockford":28xtqshu said:
Mark A":28xtqshu said:
Our local postman comes in to the house and places parcels on a table in the living room... we didn't tell him to do it, it's just something he started to do recently.

:shock: What, even if you're sitting there in your pyjamas?! :shock:

Rockford

Same here. Only it's a lady :oops:

If you complain you will probably get the answer that they do not guarantee next day delivery to your address being rural.

I have this problem with them, but you can never get a straight answer out of them.

UPS are up front and state this, however it is really only to cover themselves, 99% of the time we get things next day.

It is interesting how many of my suppliers have gone over to Parcel Force to save money and within a couple of months have gone back to the previous courier.

Back