Bloody Parcelfarce strikes again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
banjerbill":4ofbqpxj said:
Thanks but this quotes the whole post. How do I just quote part of it?

Put the whole post in then delete what you don't want from the reply like above

banjerbill":3e69cdbu said:
PS Can someone advise the correct way to lift a quote to put in my post.

If you use only part of a quote, make sure to include all of the bbcode for the quote, such as:
Code:
[quote="banjerbill"]PS Can someone advise the correct way to lift a quote to put in my post.[/quote]
This will ensure the quoted text is properly boxed.

Thanks,i was deleting from the end of the text when I should have started at beginning of the unwanted text.

Sorry to hi jack your thread RogerS

Bill

Another gripe against Parcelforce here:

Ordered a lens from Japan on eBay. It arrived via Royal Mail and there was £15 tax to pay. Had to send back for a refund 'cos it was damaged so ordered the same lens again, this time it arrived via Parcelforce. The £15 import tax had to be paid again (the previous seller refunded me for the first thankfully) on top of various handling and other charges, ended up costing £62. :x :x

Not to mention that the actual letter telling me I had to pay charges before I could receive the lens took two weeks to arrive, compared to the four or five days with Royal Mail. Infuriating.

Blimey RogerS

Regardless of whether something is Kosher/Halal/basically edible , surely you’re more than smart/egalitarian enough to spot that maybe someone simply doesn’t like you ?.... for example your courier!

Just take their contracts away from them .. then they may slowly pass through their contempt towards you to fear of you!

Or you could just treat them as humans .. you choose!

dcmguy":zilry0q1 said:
Blimey RogerS

Regardless of whether something is Kosher/Halal/basically edible , surely you’re more than smart/egalitarian enough to spot that maybe someone simply doesn’t like you ?.... for example your courier!

Just take their contracts away from them .. then they may slowly pass through their contempt towards you to fear of you!

Or you could just treat them as humans .. you choose!

Don't understand your point. I don't have a contract with them.

Alternatively can I please have some of whatever you're smoking ?

Lol RogerS .. double, why don’t you? You’re probably the most intelligent guy on this forum (with the possible exception of Phil.p) but you get so played. I’ve got no animosity towards you .. just a frustration that you don’t open your eye!

dcmguy":v9q2h9ps said:
Lol RogerS .. double, why don’t you? You’re probably the most intelligent guy on this forum (with the possible exception of Phil.p) but you get so played. I’ve got no animosity towards you .. just a frustration that you don’t open your eye!

I still have no idea what you are on about other than you come across as patronising.

RogerS":3thu0v8v said:
dcmguy":3thu0v8v said:

I still have no idea what you are on about other than you come across as patronising.

Yeah not sure how you've "been played" by this situation. Weird comment.

What I don't get is why you sometimes get texts with a time slot, as I get with screwfix, delivered through parcelforce; but with rutlands, also delivered by parcelforce I don't, I just get the normal tracking number / info on their web site; which I know from refreshing it constantly waiting for something important, can be inaccurate. I had one delivered when it was still in the gatwick depot according to the web site, then suddenly skipped over 'out for delivery' and went to delivered status just after I signed the little tablet - I'm probably 40 mins from gatwick in a van, even if I was first call.

I've written software for this sort of thing and don't understand how that could happen, the system knows the parcel needs to be on the van, or it'd not have been picked and loaded, and the system then directed the driver to my address; so how can it not think the parcel is out for delivery, it's all bar codes, not chaps in brown overalls making tick marks on lists so no human factors - there's something not quite working in the parcelforce world it seems - maybe their web site caches output for 30 minutes or something, that would explain it, but a bit silly to cache the output if it's a progress tracker :)

I'm waiting for one today, from rutlands so no time slot - I can't do the sanding and sawing that logically come next or I'll not hear the bell, so pottering in frustration !! - on the plus side though, it did get me to finally man up and ease a glued mirror off the wall employing equal measures of wedges and terror, went smoothly - though I did rather suspect the doorbell would ring the moment the mirror broke free !

RogerS":3sxmko63 said:
I think that it is down to the driver to give you the timeslot as their round progresses.
The last delivery I had from screwfix, I got a text from parcelforce at 08:57 saying they'd deliver 13:00-14:00, and did - I checked rutalnds and they have my mobile number, maybe they don;t pass it on to PF and screwfix do, PF's system does the text thing if it has a number - that could be the difference I guess - I'll ask rutlands about it.

I don't know parcelforce's system specifically but increasingly the driver has little say in this stuff, with programmable interfaces to google maps et al, it's easy, well, entirely possible to generate the optimum route for what's on the van (taking into account before noon parcels etc etc) to minimise mileage and plan staff/vehicle use better.

===== 5 minutes later it arrives !

I asked the parcelforce guy, the text thing is a new/experimental service, screwfix pay extra for that but not rutlands - makes sense.

Another ParcelForce delivery today, arrived fine but both parcels are still at the depot according to their web site :)

At least hardly anyone I buy from uses Yodel - they make Parcelforce seem efficient and well organised. My last 'delivery' from them didn't turn up (on a Friday, it always is) - online it said 'nobody home, card left' - the slight problem being that the drive has sensors and a gate, and nothing happened all day, not a solitary soul appeared, in car, van or on foot! Lying bar staff they are.

My favourite are DPD - I always get a text message with an hour time slot for delivery, and it's always spot on too.

Got a bad one today. Parcelfarce left a note. Parcel left in secure porch. The only problem was my porch was locked up and only forced entry would open it without a key.

Parcel was found 18ft away left leaning against my wifes car . Yup secure indeed.

beech1948":3csa8ush said:
Got a bad one today. Parcelfarce left a note. Parcel left in secure porch. The only problem was my porch was locked up and only forced entry would open it without a key.

Parcel was found 18ft away left leaning against my wifes car . Yup secure indeed.

Ooh..I can top that with Yodel and their 'safe place'. This at our last house

yodel.jpg

Down by the gate to the road !

Attachments

• yodel.jpg
    yodel.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 793
My postman left a "sorry we missed you" note this morning - after walking past my wide open garage fifteen feet from where I was sitting to the front door where he failed to ring a doorbell that can easily be heard four bungalows away.

I don't buy from Amazon much but am waiting for a delivery from them today, they now have a dynamic map display which auto-updates every 20 seconds or so, showing where the driver is, and how many deliveries they are making before mine.

It seems pretty accurate, I've just 'seen a delivery happen' two roads to the east, the driver icon moved away, and I'm down to 2 parcels before mine - handy !

Ho hum, 20 minutes later the driver icon has disappeared off to the west and it says "The driver is making deliveries but had to be rerouted. You will still receive your package today" !!

...it arrived half an hour later.

Back