Blades for DW733 thicknesser ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iant61

Reaction score
Hi folks

Any suggestions where to get replacement blades for a dewalt DW733 thicknesser (type 2)? For what I assumed would be a reasonably common thicknesser it seems very difficult to find aftermarket resharepenable blades. Found a couple of places selling the dewalt branded spares at around 70 quid but was expecting to find a bit of competition so any suggestions please as a lot googling has turned up nothing :(

Thanks
Ian

I've just bought type 1 blades from Axi. Much cheaper than DW. too early to tell if they will hold their edge but so far so good.

Might be worth asking axi if they do them and also ask Doug at cutting solutions if he can help.

Is there anything special about the type 2 blade? Do DW hold any rights to the design maybe?

Just looked on the bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dewalt-DW733S ... 1c3857f23e
I don't know if these are type 2 - they certainly are not type 1
Appleby are a reputable trade supplier.

The type 2 blades just have two small slots at either end that engage with levelling screws, very different to the type 1 blades unforttunatley. As for the eBay link it's a blade for a dw733s that I think is a planer but the main issue is its only 260mm rather than the 315mm of the thicknesser but thanks for looking.

I bought three pairs of type 2 blades from Woodford tools - I found them on Ebay for approx. £140 for the three pairs which are significantly cheaper than original Dewalt blades. I haven't noticed any difference in performance/life between the two so so far so good. You might need to call or email them because they don't seem to be on their website.

Yes, Roy at Woodford had a wide selection of generic knives for P/Ts. Unbranded, but affordable and I've not noticed any difference in quality.I've got some on my machine and we have them in the Community Workshop. They are fine.

Back