Blades for cordless circular saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaoticbob

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to take about 10mm off the bottoms of three modern rail and stile type panelled pine doors. I was thinking to use my cordless CC with a home-made 'track', but experiments with on some scrap are not encouraging. It's borderline OK on the rip, but too much tear out on the crosscut at the bottom of the stiles.
The blade on the saw is 165mm x 12T, so pretty coarse. Between the teeth there are 'humps' which I assume are depth limiters. I am looking at replacing the blade with eg one of THESE 32 or 48T offerings from Axi, but they don't have the 'humps'. Is that likely to cause me grief? Or is there an altogether better way of approaching this?
Ta, Robin

I think the festool (corded) tracksaw comes standard with a 165mm 48T blade. That makes a nice clean cross cut and looks pretty much like the Bosch blade in your link. 12T is very much a rip blade and I wouldn't expect a clean crosscut from it.

Yesterday I bought a 24 tooth Freud for my cordless Makita saw. It's a big improvement over the stock blade: thicker, stiffer plate and much larger carbide teeth. Nice clean cut both ripping and crosscutting softwood (I'm currently repairing a gate).

Freud also make a 48 tooth blade which I'm sure would leave a lovely finish but it may struggle with a deep rip cut.

Back