Blade for cutting kitchen worktops

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cult

Established Member
Reaction score
Dont have the money to invest in a plunge saw so just looking a blade for my hitachi circular saw for ripping through kitchen worktops. Any recommendations.

Kitchen worktops traditionally are cut with a 1/2" plunge router as they make a better job of it with less/no chipped edges, taken in 5:10mm passes they are much better than any type of saw.

Mike

MikeJhn":3t146z20 said:
Kitchen worktops traditionally are cut with a 1/2" plunge router as they make a better job of it with less/no chipped edges, taken in 5:10mm passes they are much better than any type of saw.

Mike

i will be using the 1/2 inch plunger for cutting the mitre. The blade is for cutting the straight line at the ends. Maybe ill use the router aswell if its better.

I assume you are using a jig for the masons mitre, in which case the jig can also be used to cut the scribe for the end into a wall or just for the free end, IMO much better and risk free than a circular or plunge saw.

Mike

MikeJhn":2mvyw90e said:
I assume you are using a jig for the masons mitre, in which case the jig can also be used to cut the scribe for the end into a wall or just for the free end, IMO much better and risk free than a circular or plunge saw.

Mike

Broke my last jig so going to buy a new one. Since i would only use it once a year if even, i dont know what one to buy :( . Dont want to be spending ridiculous money on one

If you do use your circular saw remember to flip the worktop so there underside is facing up as you'll get a nicer finish underneath

Woodmonkey":2ghtsef2 said:
If you do use your circular saw remember to flip the worktop so there underside is facing up as you'll get a nicer finish underneath

Isnt that so the blade digs into it rather than blowing out from behind

cult":1mwlonep said:
Woodmonkey":1mwlonep said:

Isnt that so the blade digs into it rather than blowing out from behind

Exactly, so the tear-out will be on the top surface

cult":2mqjxauz said:
MikeJhn":2mqjxauz said:

Mike

Broke my last jig so going to buy a new one. Since i would only use it once a year if even, i dont know what one to buy :( . Dont want to be spending ridiculous money on one

Travis Perkins and I am sure others hire them out.

Mike

Back