blade alignment with mitre slot - ts-200

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcjwebb

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all,

i have recently bought an axminster TS200, majorly happy with it and so far yet to find any fault with it in any way,

however, i am looking to the future and would like to put a better fence on it in the next few months and wanted to know how i go about looking at getting the blade more parallel with the mitre slots ( if it actually needs it, havent checked yet )

is it even possible to move this as it seems to be attached to the top itself?

any help would be brill,

Regards

Marc

Marc, this is a really important bit of fettling to do. You have to loosen the trunnions and then rotate the whole cradle assembly until it is parallel to the mitre slots. It's the first step in fettling your saw.

that's gone and done it! not posted for years and you've brought me back to the fold!! (thanks!)

do a search loads of threads and rebuilds etc

i had real trouble with mine and got totally frustrated but - give yourself the space to relax and take your time and it'll be a brill saw - but it is fiddly, don't do it ina rush or with a hangover!!

(loving the build btw Steve - keep at it!)

Cheers - stoatyboy

I know Steve has posted above so look away now Steve.

Get the Steve Maskery dvd for setting up a table saw. He uses a Kity but it's the saw that the Axminster is copied from. Really good advice as is taking your time.

Worth doing as the saw can be very accurate.

Mick

Marcjwebb":37y8hz2o said:
hi all,

i have recently bought an axminster TS200, majorly happy with it and so far yet to find any fault with it in any way,

however, i am looking to the future and would like to put a better fence on it in the next few months and wanted to know how i go about looking at getting the blade more parallel with the mitre slots ( if it actually needs it, havent checked yet )

is it even possible to move this as it seems to be attached to the top itself?

any help would be brill,

Regards

Marc

The process is described in reasonable detail in the manual. If you don't have the manual you can download it from the Axminster site.

Take the measurements with a digital calliper between a straight edge pushed up against the blade, and the mitre slot. Loosen the two allen bolts at the back of the table and the front, and move the blade assembly by reaching into the dust extraction port access point. It may take a few attempts as you can end up moving the assembly whilst tightening it.

For me there are two issues though:

1. On my unit, the left and right mitre slots are not 100% parallel. Not by a lot, but about 0.2-3mm front to back, so pick a mitre slot and stick with that one.

2. A much more import measurement (safety/kick back wise, and accuracy wise when ripping) is the measurement between the fence and the blade - that's the alignment I'd concentrate on.

Direct link to the PDF, specifically on this:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/media/downlo ... anual2.pdf

this is a great help, have studied over the manual from axi, and now see how i got about it, like i said befre to be fair its pretty dan good atm but once the new fence is on, would like it to be just that little bit more precise. im gonna have a look at this dvd i think,,,,,,,,,,,,,

thanks again for all your help on my questions

Back