Blackboard paint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeety

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

What's the best method for applying this to achieve a good finish? I'm applying it onto MDF which has been sealed with MDF primer.

The shapes are quite varied, animal shapes so thinking a mini roller so I don't get big runs on the edges. Would a roller be the best solution? If so what type of sleeve?

Cheers,

Jon.

I use A short napp roller to get the paint on and even it out quickly and flick the decent (Hamiltons, or better)
brush to flatten the paint.
I Googled it and up popped this Rustoleum, ad.
I've used Rustoleum stuff before and find it very good stuff! You may find the aerosol can useful for the odd shapes
you mentioned.
HTH Regards Rodders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StgI0jKSCDM

One suggestion made to me many years ago regarding new blackboards, was to use a piece of chalk sideways - to produce broad swathe marks all over the board, then rub them off with an eraser. Apparently, if you use the chalk normally the first time on a board, the thin lines produced are very difficult to remove completely, but the broad strokes sort of 'run in' the board.

Hope this helps

Back