black and decker router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I bought a black and decker router (circa 1982) from a car boot at the weekend. (fiver).

Its a small hand held job - tell me, why doesn't it have a speed dial - you just turn on and away you go? Is that common on small routers?

Were black and decker any good 20 years ago or were they just as not very good as nowadays?

Ta

I used a black and decker SR100 router made in the mid 1980's
I was used profesionally and was a very good tool but again no variable speed , but that wasnt to common in the 80's

The last B&D tool I ever used was a single speed router back in the 80s.
On the fateful day, the top bearing seized (probably full of dust), the motor kept running, the plastic casing around the bearing melted and the armature flew out.
The job was ruined and I was lucky to escape unscathed.
I will never ever buy or use anything from Black & Decker.

David

Whoa,
B&d is cheaper, but sometimes value for money. Don't slate all examples 'cause you don't/didn't have an airline.

toysandboats":2658nz32 said:
The last B&D tool I ever used was a single speed router back in the 80s.
On the fateful day, the top bearing seized (probably full of dust), the motor kept running, the plastic casing around the bearing melted and the armature flew out.
The job was ruined and I was lucky to escape unscathed.
I will never ever buy or use anything from Black & Decker.

David

I have a number of B&D tools next to my professsional tools and i wouldn't discard the B&D stuff as rubbisch.

Hi,

I got this one out of the skip at work
DSC_0839.jpg

Pete

Must have been the same skip I got mine out of Pete! :lol:
A nice little tool actually.

Roy.

Back