Biscuit Hinges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonic

Established Member
Reaction score
A week or so back I happened to see on NYW what looked a very nifty bit of hardware. This was an oval lifting butt hinge, which fitted into the slot left by a biscuit jointer, His Normness (all hail) simply wedged the cabinet door in place, and then cut the slot midway between door and frame. Then the hinge was just popped in and screwed in place. No fiddling about marking and rebating !

Anyone know where to get these clever things ?

Colin

Doh ! Fancy not looking at Axminster ! Somehow I didn't think of them for hardware ........

Thanks - anyone actually used them ?

Colin

I used them on these doors.
medium.jpg

Very quick and easy to fit, expensive though.

John

Very nice. I thought they seemed a bit pricey - by my reckoning about £8 a door ! I think I'll stick with a router & chisel.

Colin

£40 for 20 =£2 per hinge , i thought that was cheap if compared with other quality hinges . Maybe its not quality ? Im going to give them a go for my next job ( arched top welsh dresser )

JFC":3ig0wzec said:
£40 for 20 =£2 per hinge , i thought that was cheap if compared with other quality hinges . Maybe its not quality ? Im going to give them a go for my next job ( arched top welsh dresser )

no that is 40 for 20 halfs so 40 for 10 complete hinges

so 4 punds per hinge

Your right ! Bit misleading but if they are easy to fit not a bad price IMHO

Back