Big Triton (TRA001) Router - Which router table should I use

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys you've gone way off topic here

I see your point,
but the extension is partly related to the topic in that some of the advice given to mobanded was to build his own table, and if this route is taken the success or otherwise of extensions will determine the sort of router, insert plate or table top that is used.

Different table tops or inserts are thicker than others and need an extension to allow successful use of certain cutters, and different routers have different plunge depths. If someone is looking to buy or make a top they need to take all of this into consideration.

What works for one persons needs does not necessarily work for others and someone looking to get into area new to them should be aware of all the options to achieve a solution so they can make an informed decision.

Ed,
Gettiung back to the original post, I have a Triton Workcentre 2000 and Router table for sale for under £200 if you want to go down the all Triton route.
If you also have a circular saw then this combination gives you a very useable table saw capable of accurate rip and cross cutting, plus a fully featured router table all in the same footprint.

Let me know either viw this thread or PM if you are interested.

Martin Chapman.

Ed,

I think building the router table base will be just as involved as building the top so if you feel confident doing the base I would think again about buying a top. Have at look a Ron Fox's hints and tips on the Wealden site:-

http://www.wealdentool.com/acatalog/rou ... _tips.html

Even if you don't build the top it gives good advice on what to look for when you are buying one.

Cheers

Grahame

Wizer - I'm not sure the XX discussion is that off topic. The OP asked for recommendations on router table tops. I described to him what I have done which involves an XX and works extremely well.
The fact that some users have had problems with the XX with their routers is also useful and relevant information surely?
Cheers
Gidon

The real point is that adding an XX to a Triton is like paying to have a moped engine installed in the bonnet of a 911.

May I thank all ongoing contributors. I do think the XX issue should have been a discussion on its own - the reason I bought the big Triton was to have the best possible router for table mounting and my decision to buy it was the result of earlier advice I received from this forum.

I have now decided that I am going to buy a router table top only, and fit a suitable base/stand myself.

If I have not yet exhausted my goodwill, may I ask for observations on an appropriate table top with built in insert and readily available add-ons.

I have taken note of anyone who has contacted me or displayed a message concerning router tables etc. and will make contact if I decide to pursue.

Regards
Ed

Ed

Axminster to a great top and insert ready to go as previously mentioned, I don't think you can wrong there. Also they do a decent fence for it as well - all three items will come well under your budget and you'll get em next day.

I'm coming late to the discussion and haven't read all the previous posts so apologies in advance if this overlooks something, but the XX is a great piece of kit in my experience and has transformed the use of my T11 in a table set up. May not be needed for the triton (?) which is fine, but should be seriously considered by other router users imho.

Wouldn't ever consider purchasing a router top myself when it's so easy and satisfying to make your own to your own exact specs and size. Sorry if not's what you wanted to hear !!!

Cheers, Paul. :D

Back