Best shop vac for up to £100.00

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screwpainting

Established Member
Reaction score
As per title, just need something to hoover up sawdust and attach to a router etc. Not looking for major dust control, just cheap and basic, my old hoover died today :cry: bloody nuisance.

I like henry hoovers, no plug in tool socket though.

Very simple robust design, big filter area, dead easy to clean. Hepa fabric bags arent reusable without modification to allow emptying

I've not used one but the Titan brand from Screwfix seems to have good reviews and in various capacities with power takeoff.

Screwfix Titan plus a dust commander and a steel bucket. Should see you in budget and its a hugely effective combination.

DO NOT get the screwfix titans, they are utter Tat-cheap garbage which will make you hate yourself everytime when you turn them on because of their noise.
Just go for the trusted solution- used henry hoover from you favorite local ads website for a couple of notes and you get a solid very quiet workhorse that will keep on going and going.

Thanks for that guys, I looked at the screwfix titan stuff and some others similar but just couldn't make up my mind. There's a lot out there, I sent a Nilfisk thing back to screwfix in the summer after going through all this.That looked okay and had some good feedback but it was a very poor construction with the hose fitting falling off almost straight away. I've struggled on with my old (now dead) hoover since that so here we go again...

May give that Karcher a go.

Completely disagree with my counterpart David Roberts :D

I have the Titan vac with power takeoff and think its fantastic value for money - especially when hooked up to a cyclone as Rick suggests

208b0dc5c7fb7ad012952edfcbcdddc6.jpg

My concern about Screwfix own brands is that you can forget about spares and service once out of 12 months warranty whereas Karcher have excellent customer service and spares well out of warranty.

screwpainting":3e6qxrwv said:
Thanks for the advice guys I have just ordered the Karcher for tomorrow so I'll see how that pans out.

You will not regret it, the Karcher comes with only two spare bags if I remember correctly, you will need a spare filter if you habitually pick up fine dust without bags, you need the spare to put into the Karcher when you have to vacuum the filter you just took out, but this is the same with whatever vacuum you buy.

Mike

I'm fed up with looking to be honest, plus every time I try to save a few bob it ends up a disappointment in some way so I just got it from scrotefix, I did order a set of bags and I already have an omnipole cyclone so I'll be a busy boy tomorrow with any luck and a lack of disasters.

MattRoberts":k973z4wk said:
Completely disagree with my counterpart David Roberts :D

I have the Titan vac with power takeoff and think its fantastic value for money - especially when hooked up to a cyclone as Rick suggests

208b0dc5c7fb7ad012952edfcbcdddc6.jpg

Would you explain how you rig up this setup ,I've got the exact same drum you use,What else do I need,is it a effective system.

paulkane1":1espxnss said:
Would you explain how you rig up this setup ,I've got the exact same drum you use,What else do I need,is it a effective system.

Sure - the cyclone is a dust commander DLX, which is a Chinese clone of the Oneida dust deputy. There are tons of even cheaper clones on ebay.

I used a bunch of waste pipe fittings and some duct tape to connect the various parts together, but will eventually replace all of that with rubber flexible adapters.

It's very efficient. I keep a bag in the vac, so I basically have three stages of dust collection: the cyclone, the bag and then the filter.

I'd recommend it to anyone - saves a load of hassle emptying bags and unclogging filters :)

MattRoberts":17vm16qo said:
paulkane1":17vm16qo said:

Sure - the cyclone is a dust commander DLX, which is a Chinese clone of the Oneida dust deputy. There are tons of even cheaper clones on ebay.

I used a bunch of waste pipe fittings and some duct tape to connect the various parts together, but will eventually replace all of that with rubber flexible adapters.

It's very efficient. I keep a bag in the vac, so I basically have three stages of dust collection: the cyclone, the bag and then the filter.

I'd recommend it to anyone - saves a load of hassle emptying bags and unclogging filters :)

Matt I am hoping to build something similar for my workshop, what Titan vac do you have as theres several on the Screwfix site, also what drum do you use?

thanks mate

Colin

Well I have to say the Karcher is brilliant! Very quiet and I would say well below the 75db they say on the spec and miles quieter than the old hoover I was using. The construction is excellent and I can see that lasting a long time, as to the motor, who knows?. I like the click in hose connection and the power take off socket is a good quality. Plenty of suction for small power tools and mega dust free on a small makita hand sander, it actually hoovered up stuff through this, amazing to see old saw dust vanishing as I ran the sander over it, well pleased. I am going to attach a filter to the rear outlet (which is like a mini fan heater and blows quite a lot of air around) to both slow down the blast and add a third stage to the on board filter and bag.

This is a good bit of kit for anyone like me who isn't trying to achieve serious primary dust control but I do have a large vent axia in the shed at the opposite end to the door which when on and slightly ajar, clears all the nice warm air and airborne dust in about two minutes. Its surprising how nice it is to change the air with this setup, its effectively a corridor of fresh, clean (but chilly) air.

Thumbs up for the Karcher

Back