bessey v rutlands k body clamp?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markus

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, does anybody have rutlands k body style clamps? what are they like compared to besseys. rutlands seem to be quite a bit cheeper,or should that make me start waveing a red flag?

Buy cheap, buy twice......

I've tried them. The same courier collected them at the end of the day to take them back for a refund.

I use Bessey clamps and they are the dogs, don't think I would use any other clamps.

Looking at the Rutland K clamps the body and bar design are identical so although I have not seen or used a Rutland clamp I would say that Bessey make them and brand them for Rutlands.

I have four of the Rutlands clamps and so far I can't fault them. I can only compare them to the one small Bessey I have which is the uniclamp not the K body and they are just as good in my mind. They are guaranteed for life though! :D

The picture on the Rutland site shows their clamps and I must say that they look more like the K range of besseys than the Uniclamps although I may be wrong you would have to take a look.

There have been loads of threads on this in the past, every time Rutland's have them on special.

If I recall correctly opinions/experiences were pretty mixed with a fair few returning them for refunds, but that may be for old issues now resolved if you are of an optimistic nature :lol:

Cheers, Paul :D

Dakota = Marmite in my experience of peoples views.

Or perhaps that should be Bovril? They either hate it or think it's OK but not as good as the "real" thing.

I've steered clear of Dakota cos I just don't feel as though I know what I'm buying.

dm tools are selling off there bessey k bodies at very reasonable prices i thought there 1000mm is £26, There are other sizes available though. Personally id go for them over the dakota anyday

13eightyfour":jw6mv7c1 said:
dm tools are selling off there bessey k bodies at very reasonable prices i thought there 1000mm is £26, There are other sizes available though. Personally id go for them over the dakota anyday
I just did. Bought 4 to avoid the postage :)
I returned the Dakotas I bought a while back and paid the extra for Besseys. They cost more but are better value.

matt":numauv2n said:
Dakota = Marmite in my experience of peoples views.

Or perhaps that should be Bovril? They either hate it or think it's OK but not as good as the "real" thing.

I've steered clear of Dakota cos I just don't feel as though I know what I'm buying.

Rutlands seem to stick the Dakota name on most things they sell. I ordered an Xtreme Xtension router collet extension which was tagged as a Dakota precision router extension collet on their web site. What I recieved was a genuine Router Technologies XX collet, made in the US of A. I can understand them using the Dakota label when they buy in no brand Chinese or Indian kit, but why use it on branded goods?

Latest posts

Back