Bench Cookies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonluv

Established Member
Reaction score
Made a dozen of these a month or so ago ---- absolutely fantastic--- been practicing with a router and the piece of wood was held solid.

Used it just now for final sanding of some cutting boards most impressed

Considering I was thinking of buying holdalls at £20 each-- made the dozen for 55p

So pleased with myself !!!!!

How did you make them John? Also how do you use them, I tried some and my piece kept slipping all over the place. Maybe you much saw dust around.

Hi Stooby,
Bought some non-slip mat from 99p shop ( used half)---- cut some 2 x 3 blocks (old fence post) and stuck the matting to top and bottom of cube using UHU also fom 99 p shop.

Not sure but think the blocks have to be substantial. ------ I really am amazed at the holding power

John

Claymore":3skwg9hn said:
Pardon my ignorance guys but what are they and what do you use them for? also do they have chocolate chip ones? 9-)
Only way to learn is by asking those in the know :cool:
Cheers
Brian
ps Bet Geoff dunks his in his coffee lol

+1.......I too am interested in what these do..........Picture ?????

These are cookies.
$(KGrHqF,!rcE-Yo5HRkOBPpPuRWyfg~~60_35.JPG

Place them on a work surface then your workpiece on top. The.idea is the hold work still without clamps so less obstruction.

jonluv":3pie4fdd said:
Hi Stooby,
Bought some non-slip mat from 99p shop ( used half)---- cut some 2 x 3 blocks (old fence post) and stuck the matting to top and bottom of cube using UHU also fom 99 p shop.

Not sure but think the blocks have to be substantial. ------ I really am amazed at the holding power

John
Great idea. Must call past the local pound shops!

I also wondered what these dogs were. As it happens I have a steel bench so I use magnets to stop stuff moving around when I am sanding or whatever. Great idea though, and that cheap non-slip mat is good stuff.

Back