Been Looking at Google Earth...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I grew up in Stoke, home of the pottery industry (Wedgewood, Spode et al.), where the most famous job in the pot-banks was that of the saggar-maker's bottom-knocker.

Sadly (on all counts), that's true.

Cheers
Steve

Not far from where I live is Cutty Throat Lonnen and Knobbys End Lane and just over ten miles away from No Place. Up in Northumberland is Once Brewed and Twice Brewed

Drew

Hi Drew - my daughter lives in Cowgate,and I'm sure I've been past a road called Two Ball Lonnen round near there.

Andrew

Hi Andrew
yep youre right, Two Ball Lonnen just one main road up from Silver Lonnen both coming of from the West Road.

Drew

Microsoft has just launched their the beta of their challenger to Google Earth (or at least Google maps). Take a peek at http://local.live.com/ A few places feature birdseye views available from four directions. Cambridge and Swindon are two that I know about. Possible to see the windows of my hose and the bird-eye views are more recent than the aerial view.

Andrew

these photos are muich more recent than google, seems prety good so far.

ah the pictures must have been taken at different dates as mine is deffinately taken within the last 8 months. You can see my new decking that I installed last summer.

Aerial view pictures are considerably older than birds eye view (if available) So probably depends on which you are looking at.

Andrew

Not just the UK. I used to catch the train to go to the dentist. His station? Shitte. :shock: Used to irk 'er indoors by saying things like, "can you make me an appointment with the Shitte dentist", etc...

I live in Bishops Stortford and as said before there is Ugley (got some clients there, there not really ugley).

Also got Much Hadham, little hadham, and the Hadhams close by.

Green tye, Matching tye and tye green as well as my favorite, Cold Christmas.

Marky.

There's a hamlet near Hebden Bridge called Slack Bottom........ but then again I used to go up to a place fiurther south in the Pennines called Bottoms. Maybe these Pennine folk have a sort of fixation

Scrit

dovetail":1dcrd4wx said:
In a similar vain, a road near to me is called "Nonsuch Close" makes you wonder what the town planners were thinking...

Named after the long since disappeared Tudor Palace of Nonsuch House in Surrey? Are the other roads in the area similarly named?

Andrew

andrewm":3ao1efsk said:
Roger Sinden":3ao1efsk said:
Has Microsoft pulled the aerial views? If not I'd be grateful if someone could point me to the right link ...many thanks

Roger

Still there. Try http://maps.live.com/

Andrew

Andrew...it takes me to Live Local Search and I'm asked to enter what and where ...and if I want to just locate a place name then I can't because I don;t have a 'what'..if you get my drift !

And all I see is a road map...not an aerial view.

Smudger":iu27v0g1 said:
It's off of Tudor Crescent!
Correct Smudger. Do you know the area or did you look it up on a map?

Lots of the area is named after tudor type people/places.
Off the top of my head:

Tudor Crescent
Aragon Drive
Catherine Way
Ann Way
Boleyn Way
Cardinal Drive
Wolsey Gardens
Montfort Gardens

Cheers,

Sam

Latest posts