Bearings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yo_chuci

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi...

i'm after the name of a type of bearing so i can find somewhere that will sell them etc.
i wanna make some long drawers under a false floor in my van.
as drawer runners wont be long enough i thought about just having bearings sitting on the floor so that the base (or bottom of the sides) could run along..

i have seen them before but dunno what they are called so then searching for them is difficult.
what i am thinking of is a ball bearing that is held in a housing. it protrudes thru the top of the housing (that the drawer etc will run on) but doesn't
protrude anywhere else. these can be screwed to the floor etc so they are fixed.

does that make sense to anyone lol? will go looking for pics now and link to them.

There are ultra-long heavy-duty sliders, just like drawer runners only much bigger and stronger, that would make up your drawer system properly. I have used them in an awkward cupboard in a house..........I have no idea who made them or where they came from, but a google session should locate them fairly easily. The ones I used extended about 5 or 6 feet, and took a lot of weight.

Mike

thanks steve... same as what i found...
and lee... tho the ones steve posted have a weight guide. (75lbs)
where the axminster ones say nothing... tho they are abit cheaper.

think they will do for what i want... thanks guys.
might post up the bad build when i do it lol

Back