bbc ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know about a bbc website service that you can see a tv program you have missed over the last 7 days being available for I assume download to watch when it suits the viewer. (like a vcr machine but web orientated),
I have viewed clips such as the previous editions of THE APPRENTICE and see radio programs missed there is a listing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainfram ... radio/aod/

Thanks for that link Jason, I got as far as the download button and then stopped and asked myself, how much is this costing.

are there any chrages to come along?

devonwoody":2a72pn1n said:
Does anyone here know about a bbc website service that you can see a tv program you have missed over the last 7 days being available for I assume download to watch when it suits the viewer. (like a vcr machine but web orientated),
I have viewed clips such as the previous editions of THE APPRENTICE and see radio programs missed there is a listing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainfram ... radio/aod/

Not yet but soon. Read THIS

I thought I wasn't dreaming again. Thanks for the info.

This looks to me like the rest of the world will be able to enjoy our television on there PC.

Evening,
Re the BBC & 'the rest of the World', I don't think so;
I was on the trial and the BBC server checks your IP address to check that it comes from the UK 'pool' before it allows access.
I tried it a few times from Japan and the only way I could fool it, was to use a proxy service that could allocate a usable IP.
I'm sure someone will find a way round it, but for the majority, they will get the message that they cannot access the site.

HTH,

Colin

Thanks. an interesting reply, does anyone know if any other countries are offering this service with their local television. Not that I am very excited about downloading anything from the USA unless anyone knows how to rub out the adverts before viewing.

Devonwoody,

Certainly most if not all, TV Companies - ABC, NBC, CBC etc offer video downloads. However, they usually use a similar system
and deny IP connections to Countries that the particular show has been sold to.
Usually, most of them let the News broadcasts through though.
Of course, all those shows ARE available on the web, without any of these silly restrictions!

Colin

I'm not locking this thread, but before it continues, can I remind you it may be worth casting an eye over the rules, particularly...

(4.) No Piracy
Discussion of illegal activities such as software, music, video & DVD piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.

Adam

Evening,

As Adam said, this isn't the place to discuss the finer points of watching restricted TV!

Colin

Latest posts

Back