Basket of eggs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnu

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is my first offering to the woodturning section of the UK workshop forum. Just a basket of eggs approx 6cm long, in various woods such as yew, box, laburnum, honey locust, holly, oak, birch and so on. I enjoy making eggs and they are good practice for the spindle and skew. If you have a group of an object they will always sell better that just having one or two. Finding the right baskets or containers for the small work is quite important and they make a nice sound similar to a set of snooker balls. Beautiful day here in Powys and may go for a bike ride this afternoon.
basketofeggsa1011.jpg

they look great. how long do they take to make.

your signature made me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

adidat

I don't know how long they took you but that would be a major project for me! And what a beautiful selection of woods.

my favorite one is the dark one on the top right side looks like a conker almost. will you sell me a couple??

adidat

They look good Gnu!! One of my commisions was for 5 dozen eggs from golden eagle down to kestrel for the Falconary Centre in Newent. A dozen fo each size and by the finish I didn't even want a boiled egg for weeks! You have my admiration!

Mind you, part of the payment for that commision was a holly log and a yew log that had been part of the shop display for about 10 years. Each about 8 foot long!

You have got a lovely finish on them and I love the variety in colouration..

Back