Bash at NickW's - Date now Fixed. 1st September.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of the following dates would you prefer for a UKW Bash

• Sat 1st Sept.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sat 8th Sept.

• Sun 9th Sept.

• Sat 15th Sept.

• Any of the above

• Not coming to [i]your[/i] place

• Total voters
Nick,
How far are you from Glasgow.......looking at the 2 dates on offer from yourself and Steve M ...september 1st... i am off that particular week so i will try and make the effort.....i take it there are plenty good hotels in your neck of the woods.

i'll bring some of my home made efforts and some Holteys if thats OK ....see what marks out 10 you give my planes.

looking forward to seeing everyone.

is there going to be a good ole PUB crawl .....

I

Ian,

Distance according to Multimap 355 miles. Stansted Airport is about 30 mins by road from here.

The Cambrige Garden House Hotel is probably the best in Cambridge, but there are a good few others that a quick Google would find.

Pub Crawl: There is a pub just across the road from me which serves Green King, as does the one 200 yards further on, so no need to crawl far. But if you insist on crawling then Cambridge itslelf has a good number of hostelries. :D

EDIT: Nearly forgot, yes do bring as many of your planes as you can.

Hi Nick, is this an open invitation to all?
You are just down the road from me so I’d love to drop by, especially if there is a nice selection of tools to dream about………………and if Ian is bring a selection of his and Karle’s planes to show you’ll will have a hard time keeping me away….:)

The Cambridge Garden looks beautiful but its fully booked that weekend ....i looked at the Huntingdon Marriot ...is that far from you?

might need to bring Mrs DL as i'm on a very short leash :oops: :wink:

Looks like i might have to drive down as GNER are doing rail repairs that particular weekend :cry:

Also what is 'Green King' or should i say is it drinkable

I

Nick
Great stuff! Count me in! :eek:ccasion5:
I'd be happy to demonstrate some of my "Gloat" skills...... :lol:
Nah, just joking! Wooden planemaking anyone?? I'll bring plenty of bits of wood along :D
And well done on getting CHT along!
Cheers
Philly :D

Ian,

The Huntingdon Marriot is 25 miles off.

Try the Hotel Felix, University Arms Hotel, Arundel House, Crowne Plaza, Best Western Gonville, Regent. The Felix is probably the best of those, and is on the northern edge of CB, the others are pretty central. We are about 5 miles south of the city.

Is Greene King drinkable? Is the Pope religious?

NKE,

Yes the invitation is open to all.

Phil,

Excelent man. I was beginning to wonder if I had caused you some offence.

Yes please let's have a plane making demo, that'd be great.

No problem, Nick!
And no, you haven't offended me (only with your talents :wink: )
I've been working all hours and haven't had a chance to respond. Flipping day job...... :roll:
Thanks again,.
Phil :D

Hell fire

This is getting better and better with plane makers there.

I will have to make sure that I am there :wink:

Nick, hope to make it over with the quality control manager, house guests leave for Germany early that morning, so have been informed I will be out of bed early.

Ooooh. Most definately up for this one. Cycling distance as well. :D

Ian Dalziel":21tgx8nz said:
The Cambridge Garden looks beautiful but its fully booked that weekend ....i looked at the Huntingdon Marriot ...is that far from you?

Ian. I'm quite happy to offer accommodation for the weekend. I'm just the other side of Cambridge from Nick and a lot nearer than Huntingdon. On a bus route into town too which might keep SWMBO happy.

Andrew

Waka, good man.

AndrewM, It will be good to meet you, I've often wondered who you are - or do I know you already?

Ian. I'm quite happy to offer accommodation for the weekend. I'm just the other side of Cambridge from Nick and a lot nearer than Huntingdon. On a bus route into town too which might keep SWMBO happy.

Andrew many thanks.....PM sent

Latest posts

Back