Bar Work

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonB

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of you may recall me asking the height of the average beer glass a few months back, well this is what it was all in aid of.

I was originally asked to just help with the fit as the work had to be completed in 10days but as the designer usually only does kitchen/bathrooms I ended up doing the detailed design and making all the units etc.

bar1.jpg

bar2.jpg

bar3.jpg

The outside was mostly constructed on site as the top had to cover the original curve of the existing bar and incorporate the shutters (still to be shortened so they don’t hang down). Construction is basically 10mm oak veneered MDF (washed out by the flash, much less colour difference) and dressed up with solid oak mouldings.

bar4.jpg

bar5.jpg

bar6.jpg

bar7.jpg

bar8.jpg

The vertical parts of the lower carcases are 18mm birch ply (12mm backs) and all horizontal surfaces are pre laminated (formica/decamel covered) ply. Upper display unit and shelf unit are veneered MDF. All 1100kg of boards came from Richard Russel. For durability all boards are edged in 5mm solid oak lipping – all 135 meters of it!!

The rear counter is an off the shelf staved oak top but the bar top is a custom made 40mm thick full length wide board top with 80mm downstand that I had made up by South London Hardwoods who also ran most of the oak mouldings for me.

Sink is a £1000 Blanco 1500mmx650mm semi commercial job, deep draws are made up with Blum tandembox components, wire baskets for crisps are by Hafale via Isaac Lord

There are a few things that I would have done differently but had to work to a budget and do things as the client (Golf Club) wanted. I will hopefully pop back and get some photos once the flooring and new carpets are in place not to mention the bar being restocked.

Jason

Took My 14 days on my own to make it all up off site before Xmas.

11 days on site for me, 9 days for other fitter and a lad, that includes stripping out the old bar, fitting and laquering. Electrics by separate sparks. Took one whole day for me and the lad to scribs, cut and mitre the main countertop, not easy with the 80mm deep front lip and jointing at 15 and 7.5 degree angles!!

Jason

Looks good Jason, I love big projects, a real sense of achievement at the end.

it looks great
these larger jobs getting shown on here recently are very impressive, especially the kind of thought that must have to go into creating them.
thanks for sharing

It would be an honour to get tipsy admiring such beautiful work.

Can I try it out, please?

Gill

Nice job there jason,are you going to nip back when its fully loaded & get some more pictures,it's an afterthought & time isn't always available--but worth doing.

well done,i'm sure the client is pleased.

regards

Back