Bankers are going to have bumper bonuses this Christmas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jacob":3c8shglh said:
mark270981":3c8shglh said:
I believe in the trickle down theory it has to work, ......
But it doesn't. You only have to look at the richest country in the world which has a (fairly) free market i.e. USA. Per capita income is enormous yet 15.1% of the pop, approximately 43.6 million, live in poverty, with all the associated problems plus inadequate health care.
Then look at Mexico next door which is more or less a USA dependant state. A much freer market with less regulation and intervention - another 49million people live in much worse poverty and violence and crime is rife.
So in the richest part of the world 90 million people live in poverty, and wealth most certainly does not trickle down.
It never has in the past, it doesn't now and it never will. It's glaringly obvious.
It trickles up. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, unless there is some countervailing force, ideally democratic redistribution by taxation. If not it gets redistributed by crime, revolution or other systemic collapse.
Trickle down? Well we're all waiting.....
See ' The Great Money Trick':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB7OUHbK1BE

Dibs-h":28j1i0ib said:
Ah - there we have it. One of the most base of reasons.

Dibs.

p.s. Might be an idea for you to actually find out how many banks the tax payer supported and what percentage they represent in the City? Might not quite be the number you were expecting.

BTW Have you noticed the Barclay shares these days, they keep getting a hit, me thinks it wont be much longer before we hit the pan on this one.

How many trillions?

devonwoody":2pr1ycca said:
BTW Have you noticed the Barclay shares these days, they keep getting a hit, me thinks it wont be much longer before we hit the pan on this one.

How many trillions?

I don't think we'll be taking the hit on this one, should Barclay's share price drop somewhat more. It's trading below it's theoretical share price because of other reasons.

I bet if it altered it's domicile - the share price would climb noticeably.

Dibs

I think its too big to fail, they would budge something together.
Middle Eastern country would most probably take it on, someone out there already has a load.

And a government ruling after the big banking collapses of recent years is that any reporting of support needed to stop a run must not be disclosed.

So who knows what banks are getting.

Latest posts

Back