Bandsaw mine field which one do I buy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaci

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been researching bandsaw machines and cost for some time now and everytime I think I've made my mind up some thing puts doubt in or I'll read another review and start researching over again, which isn't getting me anywhere so I need some help from you good people.
I have in my sights the:- record bs300e, Scheppach basa 3v, or similiar axminster one Ive got roughly £500.
I've looked at the lumberjack, Charnwood, Fox, draper metabo, etc and wonder how good actually are they as they look all from the same place.
This has to be decision time cause I'm just going round in circles

In terms of popularity on this site (excluding commercial or large used machines);
record.
axminster
all the rest
But whatever you buy will need some adjusting and fettling, because thats how the price is kept low.

Have a look on this thread, Sawdust=manglitter says he will be selling his HBS310N shortly, send him a PM.

Mike

Hi gaci, welcome to the forum.

On a new model, Record will give a longer guarantee and they are good on backup and service. There are many reviews of different models on this forum that may help you, so make a search. The more homework you do before you buy will pay dividends. If you can find members local to you, they may be prepared top show you thir model so you can see it in action?
Malcolm

I should be receiving my new bandsaw today. So once I'm all set up with the new one I'll take some tidy photos of my Axminster HBS310N and put it for sale on here. It's been a great bandsaw to be honest, only reason to get rid is an upgrade to the Record BS400 (larger capacity). I've had it just over a year so there's still nearly 2 years left on the guarantee too! PM me if you'd like more details before I post an advert :D

Regardless of selling mine, particularly for this price bracket I highly recommend the HBS310N

Thank you for the offer, I'm going to get the record one I think 300 or 350 one . Thanks to all if anyone has any tips on setting up for either I'd welcome your comments

Sawdust=manglitter":3l38lez1 said:
I should be receiving my new bandsaw today. So once I'm all set up with the new one I'll take some tidy photos of my Axminster HBS310N and put it for sale on here. It's been a great bandsaw to be honest, only reason to get rid is an upgrade to the Record BS400 (larger capacity). I've had it just over a year so there's still nearly 2 years left on the guarantee too! PM me if you'd like more details before I post an advert :D

Regardless of selling mine, particularly for this price bracket I highly recommend the HBS310N

That will be interesting to hear your comparison. I dont recall anyone else having both.

Back