Bandsaw DVDs'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnd

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a bandsaw, done my share of surfing tool sites. On one of them they are selling a bandsaw masterclass DVD by Alan Holtham its just about ten quid. Has anyone seen one of these DVDs? will I learn anything?

Alan Holtham, is, I believe, a woodworker of good reputation. I think the chances are that you will indeed learn something worthwhile. For £10 it's got to be worth a go.

John

I agree with John - if the video is as good as the articles he writes for woodturning magazine,it will be well worth a tenner.
And he's a meber of this forum,so must be a nice bloke :wink:

Andrew

I went to the D&M Tools show last year, Alan Holtham was giving a bandsaw master class. I wanted to see this but by the time I got to the right place there was next to no standing room left, let alone seats. I had my dad (in his 80's) with me, so we past up the standing room.
So if the DVD is well produced the content should be good.

John,

I am in the same boat as soon as i make room in my workshop i am getting a bandsaw. What machine are you considering, The record bs300 looks good but i do like the look of the jet range. In preparation for its arrival i got this dvd i think rutlands carry it in the UK. Well worth getting this disk, once i watched i realised the bandsaw should have been much higher up my purchase list

Tom

Thanks TOMBO I'm thinking of the Record 350, I'll see if I can get hold of the DVD asap as it sounds like the other members rate Alan Holtham and I also think the stuff he writes is always good.

Like some one said"Can't go wrong for a tenner"

Hi John

johnd":18ueplhh said:
TOMBO I've just realised where I saw the ad for Bandsaw DVD, it was on the Record site.

That's probably because it is a Record product. The DVD is free when you subscribe to Practical Woodworking and is titled "Record Power's Bandsaw Masterclass DVD - The Basics", presented by Alan Holtham.

In this hour-long dvd he guides you through the basics of choosing a bandsaw, adjustments, blade know-how, making cuts, safety, maintenance and a "walk through" of the complete Record Power range of bandsaws.

HTH.

Cheers
Neil

PS Alan Holtham appeared on John's Workshop two or three times and he was very impressive.

Back