bandsaw dust collection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
I was cutting some small semi circles out of a piece of soft wood, ready to make a hole block where pipes go through the garage wall, when I realised I was getting even more sawdust than usual blowing around.
I've mentioned my appalling saw before, and FOX said quickly about sums up its quality. Anyway, I opened the lower door to find the tiny extraction hole partly blocked by a half inch square chip of wood across the grill. Why on earth would you put a grill across a vacuum hole? thats only 30mm wide in the first place?
The compartment was overflowing with dust, and it had even gotten under the blade and was being ground into the rubber tyres on both wheels.
I had to strip the whole machine scrub the tyres clean, and reassemble.

So, with quite a lot of elbow grease and a few rude words about design and build quality (or lack thereof), I've opened the hole in the back plate to take a 62mm adaptor so I can connect it straight to the 62mm rigid extraction pipework. Previously, I had to use a vacuum cleaner hose from the house to plug in to the saw.

At the same time, I cut into the clear 62mm plastic pipe and teed off a 40mm hose, which I've clipped under the table, to reach just by the lower blade guides.
Early days, but it looks like its going to be a whole lot more effective than the factory.

I used a piece of pvc pipe with the blade partially cut through and stuck the extraction hose on the end. Works a treat

Back