Bandsaw Box a little bigger this one * Finished with Pics *

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toesy

Established Member
Reaction score
After my first attempts at the simple oval bandsaw box, I decided to make one a little bigger.

What a learning curve, the sharp eyed ones will notice I completely messed up the inner cuts for the drawers.... but im learning.

All comments are welcome, this one is OAK front and rear with Sapele in the middle.

I wanted to cut out the top bit so I could put the small everyday items, watch, rings, cufflinks on the top, with the others going inside the drawers.

Attachments

• BSBno4 Rear.jpg
    BSBno4 Rear.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 1,198
  • BSBno4 Side.jpg
    BSBno4 Side.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 1,198
  • BSBno4 Front.jpg
    BSBno4 Front.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 1,198
Great box, well done. I'm currently having a go at a band saw box on my scroll saw, but I don't think it will be as neat as yours.

Wow its lovly looking little box
I feel the need to try one myself on the scrolsaw
Best get researching thank you for sharing

That is really lovely I have promised my wife one but a little nervous of making it
How do you hide the Bandsaw entry point whatever you do you do it very well

John

jonluv":2tlpqjyu said:
How do you hide the Bandsaw entry point whatever you do you do it very well

John

Thank you,

Bandsaw entry points are marked in the pic below, you come in at an angle and then go around past the dividing drawer shelf, and cut the top box out, then I backed the blade out (put a little wedge in to help) and then cut the bottom thinner drawer out.

Once you sand down after gluing the joins together its pretty neat, some people leave them.

Attachments

• BSBno4 Front entry points.jpg
    BSBno4 Front entry points.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,160
Great --- I will give it a go, got to make some cars this weekend so perhaps next week

Thanks

John

And here is the final result

Attachments

• BSBn04 Final Rear LR.jpg
    BSBn04 Final Rear LR.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 997
  • BSBn04 Final R45 Open LR.jpg
    BSBn04 Final R45 Open LR.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 997
  • BSBn04 Final Front LR.jpg
    BSBn04 Final Front LR.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 997
  • BSBn04 Final Top Open Contents LR.jpg
    BSBn04 Final Top Open Contents LR.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 997
Simply brilliant, well thought out beforehand and the end result is just beautiful to behold. Choice of timbers is very good, excellent combination.

toesy, yes, there maybe minor imperfections but overall that is a very nice piece and something to be proud of..

Back