Bandsaw Blades, a good supplier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Hale

Established Member
Reaction score
Third topic lucky, I've used a company many of you are familiar with I'm sure Dragon Saw, Ian was a great guy, and I've gone to reorder and they've gone out of business, screwfix sell the size I bought one and it snapped on the weld after some use, Ians used to go on forever until the set closed up and wouldn't track

Please Please say there a similarly good companies out there with a similar price strategy

Hi John,

We used to sell Dragon blades before their run of bad luck. We've switched over to EPS now and I've been very pleased with the quality and service we've had from them.

If you click on the appropriate blade length bracket then all the prices will be correct for your machine. click on the individual blade you want and there is a drop down to specify the exact length you need.

They agreed to work on exactly the same deal and service standards we had with Dragon - shipping included in the price, free re-welding in the event of weld failure (assuming the blade is worth saving) etc.

I'm sure others will chime in with their recommendations too - there are several very good suppliers of mail order bandsaw blades now.

I get mine locally, they are Starrett stockists. I've also bought from Hamilton Edge. No web presence worth speaking of, but you ring 'em up and they deliver. Good service, good blades and good prices to boot.
S

I have gone for Trucut (of Ross on Wye.....01989 769371) this time after recommendations on here. They sell the long-lasting M42 bi-metallic blades at very good prices. I'll let you know how I get on. The time taken in setting up a new blade means it makes sense to pay a bit more and have a blade last 10 times as long, with one tenth of the number of set-ups, compared with an orthodox Axminster-type blade.

Mike

I have a Dakin Flathers M42 blade purchased via Leuco, excellent blade and good price. Put your order in and they'll make up whatever you want

Back