Bandsaw @ Aldi from Sunday

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
typical not an empire since roman days, and they still think they control england, no i mean lincolnshire, but of course nowadays we seem to be run by the scots :?

paul :wink:

Ok it looks like your unperturbed so take the plunge and give the rest of us the story in a month or so of solid use, goood luck fella

Hi,
I was in my local Aldi yesterday(Thursday) and they still had a couple of bandsaws in stock. Well, I have took the plunge and gone and bought one. When I set it up properly, I will let the forum know what it is like. For what I need a bandsaw for, it will be quite adequate. As I said in a previous message, I build static model boats, and I have a garden railway, which this year I will have to make a start on some more buildings for it. I have had a quick look over it, and it is of a reasonable quality, I have a bench drill from Aldi, and that is quite powerful, I also have an Aldi table saw, which I have had for about 4 years now, admittedly it is not used every day, but it has been used quite a lot, and I have not had any trouble with it.
Martin

Hi,
Don`t know how my previous post came through twice!! Well, I have set up the bandsaw, and it is okay, only problem I had was with the rip fence, I had to modify that. I have cut some various shapes with 4mm ply and they were okay. The max I will probably cut will be 10mm ply anyway, so I think that it is quite adequate for my purposes.
Martin

he, are lads, next time the 10 +50 binoculars come out , under the name(meade) they were £9.99 last time they sold near us,they are exelent lenses,bak 4 multicoated prisms/at a 20th the price of mine , and very much as good/i got my pop a pair, th replace his swifts and hes impressed with them, so if your into a bit of camping or whatever,dont know about their abilities to take a swim though.

Back