Back to the MDF!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradNaylor

Established Member
Reaction score
This was a nice little job that came in just before Christmas, and with our very own Karl's valuable assistance in the workshop I was able to slip it into my January schedule.

A local cosmetic jewellery importer is exhibiting at a big trade fair at the NEC next month and wanted six display units making. From his back of an envelope sketch this is what we came up with.

Jerome002.jpg

The frames surrounding the displays are beech; everything else is MDF. The doors are on push catches. All componants were spray painted before being assembled with lots and lots of dominos.

Jerome003.jpg

And here's the others in his garage...

Jerome001.jpg

Judging by the size of his house and the cars on his drive there's a lot more money in plastic tat than there is in woodworking...

...strangely though, like nearly every customer I have, he said that he wished he had my job!

:lol:

Brad

Jeez, when I seen the first pic I thought it was some sort of cold war era atomic rocket control panel or something!! :lol:

BradNaylor":1o8zww3f said:
All components were spray painted

Could you just give us a quick rundown of your method and equipment?

It is the finishing that gives me the most problems, well, as many as the starting the progress and the completing!

Looking good Brad (as usual :roll: )

At first glance my first thought was th image of futuristic computers from films of the 1960's :lol: :lol:

Grand job!!

Richard

Nice work Brad, How long did they take? Not long with the Domino I guess. :wink: Huh!, and to think I could take your crown. :lol:

Very sharp.

They look like some set props from some of the old James Bond movies or the computers in The Italian Job.

Good stuff!

Could you just give us a quick rundown of your method and equipment?

Well the 'cosmetic jewelry' is placed, or more accurately pierced into the desired part of the body using stainless steel devices to avoide problems with poisoning.

Popular pieces are rings, dumbells and prince alberts.

:oops: Oh - you wanted to know about the dispaly cabinets - yes me too! :wink:

At first i thought you were a fastidious dremel user and that was your tool cabinet.

Back