B&Q sales staff :( helpfull or not

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently we needed some sheets of MDF for wardrobes, I needed cheap before quality so went to B&Q, I got it all cut and the guy made out a slip for two cuts at 50p each (even though there were about 30) and the codes for the three boards. The dozy girl at the checkout who wanted to go home at 8:55pm in the evening, insisted that two items at 50p making £1 and another three items she couldn't recognise (the part numbers for the boards) must be £1 also, so charged me £5. I argued once, then again, then conceeded, £55 of boards, cut to size for £5. Chalk one up for the apathetic layabouts!

Aidan

Yes, I do realise I have committed a crime, but they'll never take me alive!

I have found the local B&Q staff fairly helpful but I also accept that they are working within limitations, either their own or company policy. They do offer to get stock for the next day if one of the FLT drivers aren't on shift.

As an aside, I did once apply to work at B&Q to see what happens. I was asked to complete an psychometric test and I failed.
The test said that I was the sort of person who would work on my own initiative and not follow instructions without question! :D :D

I kept a copy as I thought that was a good thing about me!

Back