B&Q Electric chainsaw info

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisp

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just picked up the own brand TRY1800CSA chainsaw from B&Q, had the display model so no instructions, I've used a few different models and my B&D one has just died, anybody used this model or know where I can find a copy of the instructions?
Regards Chris.

Hi Chris

Any responsible outlet selling chainsaws should have supplied you with full instructions not only on how the saw operates, but also the safety features and how to ensure that they work.
If B&Q did not have any they should be able to supply you with them. Try going back to the store and requesting them. If they are prooving a little 'difficult' in tracking them down (ie cant be pineappled) just mention to them that the local council Trading Standards would be very interested in knowing that they are quite happy to sell probably the most dangerous tool any member of the public could possibly buy yet dont give them any instructions to go with it. If that doesnt get their buttocks in gear, you could also mention that you have their head office phone no and you are quite happy to let them know what this local branch are doing freely. That will definetly get them moving.
As a small aside, my aunty was 65 a few years ago and her local garden centre sold her a Ryobi electric chainsaw to trim some difficult bushes. She switched it on once and decided not to use it. Luckily as I was on holiday in Devon a couple of months later we went to her house in Somerset and I did the job for her. I also got to take away a barely used saw, which was a pretty good one. The garden centre also didnt advise my aunty on any safety gear to wear, not even a set of goggles. I have now been using chaisaws professionally for 15 years and it never ceases to amaze me that shops like B&Q, aldi and lidl etc can sell these items and anyone over 16 can use them with no training or safety gear. Having seen a couple of nasty accidents there is no way I would use a saw without full safety gear. (sorry for that little rant but I do feel strongly about it)

Mike

Thanks Mike,
I've been using chainsaws off and on for years now to and have all the safety gear, just wanted to have a copy of the instructions for my file, they wouldn't sell it at first but as it's been discontinued he let it go for £20, I understand what you are saying and have thought the same when watching people in Lidl carrying them to the till!.....
Regards Chris.

Back