Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie Copeland

Established Member
Reaction score
Am I just being stupid or does Axminster not sell Robert Sorby tools?

If they don't then does anyone know why?!

Axminster seem to be selling less and less of "other peoples" tools and pushing their own. Clamps is a good example, used to sell Bessey, now seem to push their own.

Wuffles":20daf71i said:
Axminster seem to be selling less and less of "other peoples" tools and pushing their own. Clamps is a good example, used to sell Bessey, now seem to push their own.

That was the impression I got. Seems like a brave move if you ask me!

Personally, I like Sorby tools and no matter how much Axminster make their own tools look like them they just aren't for me.

Jamie Copeland":23pn0puq said:
Am I just being stupid or does Axminster not sell Robert Sorby tools?
No they don't.
If they don't then does anyone know why?!
I'd guess they either can't agree terms of trade (eg maybe Sorby want Axi to take all their range and Axi won't agree or they won't offer good enough trade discounts/payment terms etc) or Axi don't want to duplicate their own ranges with similar tools (although there's lot of unique Sorby tools).

If others are correct in Axi wanting to move to primarily selling their own brand tools, I hope they know what they're doing. It's not guaranteed to appeal to everyone. Once Tesco started pushing their own brands to the exclusion of all else, sales started to fall.

Back