Axminster Trade AT254SB/AW10BSB2 Table Saw on a fly lead?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdad

Reaction score
Hi All,

looking for a little advice, does anyone have experience with running the Axminster Trade table Saw AT254SB/AW10BSB2 off of a Fly Lead Socket Convertor 13A Lead to 16A Socket?

I don't have an independent 16amp socket at the moment and was hoping to plug it straight into the standard 240v socket.

I think the kilowatts produced by the saw will be ok but am not sure if the initial startup of the table saw will blow the fuse?

Eventually i will get a sparky in to set up a independent supply but am looking to get the saw fairly soon.

Thanks

2.2KW MIGHT be ok on a 16 to 13amp plug adapter, I know 3KW definitely won't work from experience.

Sometimes it pays to be patient though.

Thanks, i got my fingers crossed it'll be ok for a short while until i can have the supply sorted just will be gutted if i pay out and it doesn't and its sat there for a few weeks.

I have the SIP clone of this saw and run it off 13A.
However, I know it is close: I can have dust extraction running, and lights, prior to start up.
If I have my little fan heater on before starting, it trips, but I can turn on the fan heater once the saw is running.

I'm going to bite the bullet and get the whole thing wired professionally - it's too much daisy-chained bodgery at the moment. In fact I should start a thread to ask about that.

Thank you that's really good to know.

I know its not guaranteeing it'll be fine for me but its giving me hope that its possible at least.

My P/T is fine unless workshop temp is below 5degC. On cold days can’t start it for about an hour until some heat makes its way into the motor windings. I can bludgeon it into life by switching on for 5s then off before it trips the fuse, wait a few minutes then repeat a few times, this also forces heat in to the windings, but isn’t great for the motor.

Sorry long winded way of saying if you have a go and it doesn’t work. Get the workshop warmed up and have another go.

F.

2.2kW will be OK once it's running but from experience with a different tablesaw of similar size, the startup surge will stress the fuse and you may be changing it every few weeks. That just proves that it's at the limit so shouldn't be treated as a long term solution. Make sure your wiring is in good condition with no frayed copper and keep an eye on the plugs and sockets for signs of overheating.

Latest posts

Back