Axminster price rises soon ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogerP":kejqmy7s said:
carlb40":kejqmy7s said:
Actually it looks like there might be some restriction going on? A lot of ebay sellers are stating - may not post to ireland on the listings :eek:
Probably because carrier charges jump enormously for any offshore deliveries.

I know because, as an eBay seller, I was caught out once. So these days I tick all of eBay's UK destination exclusion boxes which cover : Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands and Northern Ireland plus PO boxes. Anyone wanting carrier delivery to those places has to pay very much more I'm afraid.

As a seller, there doesn't seem to be a sensible way around it. If it is small enough for royal mail, then it isn't a problem, but there seem to be no cheap courier options for Northern Ireland. I send a lot of small but bulky items that used to be fine with Royal Mail. Now with the size restrictions, many just cant be sent unless you are willing to pay a fortune. In fairness, on a post above, Toolstop were significantly cheaper, so you can understand why they have to stick to where their courier delivers to.

I went to the Axi store in Nuneaton on Saturday with a buddy. It seemed the place was half empty. more than half of the stuff i was looking to buy was not on the shelves (conspicious by the baron appearance of the empty racks) Even the instore search engine showed all out of stock. Suffice to say it all had to be ordered and shipped out (no postage fees).

Back