axminster pen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pip1954

Established Member
Reaction score
hi i have never turned a pen yet and thinking of starting i looked at axminster mandrel but was wondering which pen kits i would be able to turn with it i was looking at the mt 1.
any advice welcome or if any one has kit they are looking to get rid of please get in touch.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL :ho2 =D>
lets hope next year is REALlY a good one.
pip

pip1954":22ew7dlb said:
hi i have never turned a pen yet and thinking of starting i looked at axminster mandrel but was wondering which pen kits i would be able to turn with it i was looking at the mt 1.
any advice welcome or if any one has kit they are looking to get rid of please get in touch.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL :ho2 =D>
lets hope next year is REALlY a good one.
pip
Hi Pip you will be able to turn any kit on that mandrel it is the same one I use all you will need are the right bushings the sierra kit is by far the easiest kit to make it has only one barrel also it is a very popular seller if you are looking for a good competative supplier go to timberbits in Oz you may not be far from me if you want to pop over for some kits at cost price I can send you my address http://www.timberbits.com/sierra-pen-kits.html good luck

DUNK_WALES":1qvcdjbm said:
Hi woody what's the delivery time like with timber bits with them being in oz?
Regards
Lee

Timberbits routes overseas orders via Singapore and with this being his busiest time of year you're looking at around 2 weeks maybe longer.
A recent order I placed took close to 3 weeks.
He's a good supplier though and his prices are pretty keen.
Regards, beejay

HI can anyone tell me if their are any inport taxs or costs using this supplier.

Geoff :ho2

Geoffrey":c40tm5v7 said:
HI can anyone tell me if their are any inport taxs or costs using this supplier.

Geoff :ho2

if its a big order, yes. discussed recently here ...

post734676.html?hilit=hmrc#p734676
post732956.html?hilit=hmrc#p732956

I also am a customer of Timberbits and have no complaints (as long as you are not in a hurry)

Pip,

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/workshop-&-po ... rning-kits

I should be on a commission :wink: but im not, just a happy customer, it works well enough and includes all you need to get started.
:ho2

Back