Axminster Patternmakers Vice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

custard

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used, or even handled, the patternmakers vice that Axminster sell? Veritas used do one but it's been discontinued, so I guess it's this or nothing, but I'd appreciate any first hand feedback before jumping in.

custard":1zz8bnbm said:
Has anyone used, or even handled, the patternmakers vice that Axminster sell? Veritas used do one but it's been discontinued, so I guess it's this or nothing, but I'd appreciate any first hand feedback before jumping in.

AFAIK the Axminster one is the same as the Woodcraft/AMT one (in the USA), which was spoken of quite highly - it doesn't get the love that Emmert and Tucker's get, but it is (or was) solid VFM.

BugBear

Also AFAIK, the same vice. A Google with the 'Murrican spelling of "Vise" should find plenty of info, such as this and this. My dad and I did play with one at the Axminster Show some years ago and it seemed pretty good to us at the time ("Oooo look at that - it tilts! And swivels! How much... Oh." "Never mind, Pop" :lol: )

Big ol' lumps of vice though; certain you want the fun of fitting it?

Marc Fish has got one and reckons they are pretty good. You can catch a bit of it 'in action' here at about the 2 mins 45 seconds into the video (the rest of it's worth a watch too if you've got a spare 3-1/2 minutes.

Latest posts

Back