axminster M950 now completed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only one observation HC...and this is purely by experience....

Rotating machinery and fluorescent lights don't mix IMHO.

I get a better working light without tint or strobing with either incandescent bulbs...like an anglepoise...or what I have now which is the older fashioned halogens...

Just my 2p

Jim

head clansman":365q8mwy said:
hi jimi

yea it was pointed out earlier in the thread thanks . hc

Oops...sorry mate...me bad!

I must learn to read the WHOLE thread before I comment....

Oh well....at least you are convinced now. :oops:

Jim

hi jimi

thats not a problem mate , whilst i got your attention post us a pic of your light please , :? the old grey matter running a bit slow tonight . hc :lol:

The one over my wood lathe was this one:

DSC_0001.JPG

But I am in the process of moving it temporarily to my ML1 until I can get another one to put back over the Taylor.

The benefit of this lamp which I picked up at a bootfair is that it runs fairly cool and can be focussed using the SPOT/FLOOD knob:

DSC_0002.JPG

It also has barn doors and some filters...none of which I use but the diffuser if I don't want shadows:

DSC_0003.JPG

Once light I was pretty impressed with has the same halogen bulb and comes from IKEA...about the only thing that I have found that works well from the said emporium:

DSC_0004.JPG

It's great for clamping temporarily where you need lighting instantly.

Over the tablesaw and bandsaw and soon to be over my sliding chop...are a strip of simple halogen low voltage lights which take the bigger MR16/GU10 20/50 bulbs:

JC14048.jpg

Instead of the little transformers which power one or two units...I have a huge 12VDC transformer and run a 12VDC feed to the strips to power about six lamps.

They are simple units and all from bootfairs for a couple of quid. The lamps themselves can be quite expensive to buy in B&Q etc...so I get them at bootfairs too. There are usually loads at next to nothing as people upgrade to eco lighting and LED.

I tried an LED equivalent in a GU10 mount and it simply was not bright enough....ok for mood lighting but not for serious clear illumination work.

Hope this helps...get yerself down to the nearest bootfair...you can get some serious bargains!

One day I found this lady with almost a whole electrical warehouse in the back of her estate car and on her tables....apparently she had found her electrician husband cheating on her so she took ALL of his stock out of the garage and was selling it all for 10p...20p...that sort of figure out of spite!

I bought most of her stall! :twisted:

Jim

Back