Axminster Hobby Series TS-200-2 - Mods and checks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottGoddard

Established Member
Reaction score
I recent bought the Axminster Hobby Series TS-200-2 Table Saw w/RH Extension Table Kit (from Axminster them selves – used). There are a couple of things I am look at doing (soon as I can),

Changing the blade – what are the recommends for this? Axminster only recommend the one on their site, I am looking for a comb blade..
Checking the blade is square etc
Building a semi rolling base for it (where I can pop the wheels up or down to move)
Improving the dust extraction system – I have bought the big hood form Axmister to try and use the mod that someone did for the 250…..Would that work on this model?
Adding a router at somepoint – not sure if ill mod the extension table or make it even wider?

IS there any advice on how to keep the cast iron top from rusting?

Thanks,

Freud are always a good choice for blades.

Your question about the lower dust extraction mod I don't understand as you reference someone else doing that...which I believe works fine.

Cast iron top rust prevention. The only guaranteed way of stopping it happening at all is to raise the temp of the table so that moisture doesn't build up on top. There was a post on here a while ago with a mod that did this using resistors with a small current.

Not sure I understand your question about the router table extension...

Otherwise, applications of paste wax and constant maintenance, particularly during winter are needed.

Thanks for the reply.

Any idea what blade will fit, my current one is

Blade Diameter 205mm
Bore Size 30mm

On the dust extraction - I was just checking that the mod on the 250 would work the same on the 200 - 2 that i have bought?

On the router - Since i have got the right extension table. Was looking for advice on how best to add a router. Should i mod the extension table to have the router pop up or extend the table even further?

I have mk1. I ditched the steel extension table as it wasn't even flat to the table given the pressed steel stamping. I kept the rails and made a top out two laminated pieces of 12mm birch plywood with a lamination of steel type Formica over the top. As it was staying in the table I went for a fairly meaty 1/2" router.

Blades for the TS200 are a bit limited. Most of the American Freud blades (FTG ones for example) won't fit due to the bore size. I basically have a couple of Axclaibur Axy ones (rip, multi etc.) and they are fine. I also have a cross cut Freud (LP40 I think?) which is 200mm - which is where the greater choice is.

Can't advise on the dust mod, I'd imagine the TS250 body is bigger, so you might have to do some more adapting...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back