Axminster dropping ST-635 DDS Drum Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuggy

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi folks!
Does anyone know anything about Axminster stopping supplying this sander at all?
I've had my eye on getting one for some time now, and noticed the price for the single phase had dropped to £2500.
I enquired about this with Axminster customer services and all they've said is:

"We have decided to stop selling this item either due to the supplier stopping this item or because we have decided to streamline our product lines for new products".
and:
"We may not be replacing this product for a newer version we maybe stocking different items and newer ranges at this time I do not know".

They say they will support it as long as the manufacturer continues to provide parts for it.

Just wondered if anyone had any further knowledge, as I'm not keen on purchasing something which may become obsolete or where a better model may become available soon etc. I guess it's the risk you take with anything.

Thanks for any insight.

shuggy":wg6h2kv4 said:
Hi folks!
Does anyone know anything about Axminster stopping supplying this sander at all?
I've had my eye on getting one for some time now, and noticed the price for the single phase had dropped to £2500.
I enquired about this with Axminster customer services and all they've said is:

"We have decided to stop selling this item either due to the supplier stopping this item or because we have decided to streamline our product lines for new products".
and:
"We may not be replacing this product for a newer version we maybe stocking different items and newer ranges at this time I do not know".

They say they will support it as long as the manufacturer continues to provide parts for it.

Just wondered if anyone had any further knowledge, as I'm not keen on purchasing something which may become obsolete or where a better model may become available soon etc. I guess it's the risk you take with anything.

Thanks for any insight.
Maybe I am missing something...the email says they have stopped selling it. Does that make your question academic?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Back