Axminster 106pt2 Which extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Am thinking about getting the Axminster 106PT2 planer thinknesser and due to space wondered if pairing it with the Axminster RDC100H extractor would suffice. This would also be used for the Bosch gts10 table saw.
Any thoughts? Will it do the job or is not powerful enough?
Any help appreciated

It will do the job on the PT no worries but if your doing a lot then consider a bigger drum/bag. I have a larger bag extractor and can have 150l after a days P/Ting .

Thanks for the reply, that's great
As possible alternatives could anyone recommend a 150l extractor that uses up minimal space?

They all tend to take double the floor space up. The Chems cyclone with a drop box would do the trick and to save space you could buy the extractor that fits on the wall to use with the cyclone. You will not need a 150l if you will not be using it all day.

Chems I will have a look tonight and send you a private message if that's ok.

Hudson, i have had a look and, unless you can get wall mounted kits for the cheaper models which i can't find, the wall mounted extractor from axminster is about 5 times the price. A bit too much on an extractor for the shed at the moment I think.

:O your right £600 wow I hope its very powerful for that price. There will be ways with cheaper ones either a mod or something built to do the job yourself or brought.

Just do what Karl did with his extractor:

Keep an eye on ebay for something 2hp or better and junk the rest and just mount the motor on the wall. Minimal footprint.

What's your budget for the extractor?

Is there a thread for how he did that? Is that just the top of an extractor mounted to the wall, then the cyclone and bin below?

Well I was going to go for the small Axminster hoover (about £100 I think) basically due to the size, but I would probably go up to £300 if I was really going to benefit from the results.

Back